Khira Gaintha recipe
ଖିର ଗଇଁଠା ପ୍ରସ୍ତୁତି ପାଇଁ ଆବଶ୍ୟକ ସାମଗ୍ରୀ
1. Milk/ ଖିର – 1.5 ltr
2. Rice/ ଚାଉଳ – 150 gm
3. Coconut/ ନଡିଆ – ¼ of a coconut
4. Sugar/ ଚିନି – 125gm
5. Ghee/ ଘିଅ – 3-4 tbsp
6. Black cardamom/ବଡ ଅଳେଇଚ – 6 pcs
7. Salt/ ଲୁଣ – to taste
ପ୍ରସ୍ତୁତି ପ୍ରଣାଳୀ :
1. Soak the rice for 1 hour before you start. Wash it properly and grind into a fine and thick paste.
Take ½ cup of the paste and keep aside.
2. Make small cubes of the coconut.
3. Crush the big cardamom seeds.
4. Then take a deep pan, add water(proportionally equal to the amount of the rest rice paste) and boil it.Add sugar (50gm) and salt to taste to the above water at the time of boiling.
5. After 4-5 mins start adding the rice paste and stir it well for 10-15 mins on a low flame and make a fine dough out of it.
6. Take out the dough and keep aside till the temperature come down to the room temperature.Then add ghee to the dough that will make it softer.
7. Make small balls out of the dough and keep aside.
8. Boil milk in a deep pan, add sugar (75 grm),small coconut cubes, black cardamom powder, and mix it well.
9. Add the prepared rice balls to the boiled milk and cook it for 10-15 minutes.
10. Add salt to taste to the remaining ½ cup rice paste kept aside, add it to the above boiled milk and stir it properly.
11.Boil the preparation for 4 minutes on a low flame and serve it.
For more odia recipe please visit moodisha
Send your recipe with photos to us at email@example.com and like us at https://www.facebook.com/Moodishaa/